Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wretched!

"What does it all mean, Basel?"

IT's the way he says it. Same accent, same tone, same everything. Sticks to my head. Sure, the line comes from a comedy, yet, this is no comic. I'm genuinely muddled.

It has been a Wretched week. Plenty of hiding, plenty of responsibility, plenty of pain, plenty of headache/heartache. I wish not to discuss work further. It's useless/pointless/wretched to talk about.

All I wanted in the week was to spend a nice, chilled out day with my sweets. But, things don't always go the way you want it. It had to go Sour. I just knew it would turn bad. I was visibly upset. How could I not be? After all the shit of the week, to get more shit early Saturday. Maybe it's hard to understand if you don't feel what I felt. I don't know. Of course, I was angry. I was less angry than just sad and tired. It took the wind out of me.

Quiet. Distant. Silent. Away.

It really took a long while to get going again. I apologise. I was not in the mood. It was little too late, I know. Now, we await another week just to meet again. It is hard, not holding you in my arms. I want it so badly but I'm so far. So many restrictions, so many hurdles. Bashing through is painful, I have to jump them one at a time. And, I'm no hurdler. Tough.

Just hang on. Things will get better. If it doesn't, then it won't. I will still stand here, would you stand right next to me?

No comments: